Best Laid Plans

An educated, experienced professional can orchestrate a catastrophic business flame-out better than just about anyone. Random musings on business and learning from your mistakes.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States

Aging hipster.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Be Careful What You Don't Wish For

Roughly two weeks ago, I recounted a nugget of profound wisdom that was bestowed upon me by a "name tag wearing" GM I used to work for as a teenager. Well, as employment prospects remain slim and the mortgage payments aren't going away, I have been forced to accept a 'position' as a 'coordinator' for a well-known discount chain. This is most definitely a temporary (read: survival) gig as I am more driven than ever to find something that meets (or comes anywhere near) my qualifications. Still, it is fairly humbling to take orders from an 18 year old with nose rings, red/blue hair, and black lipstick. I'm an MBA for Chrissakes!

My sincere apologies to everyone who wears a name tag. It was not my intention to upset the karma kart. Note: all you entrepreneurs who have the best idea ever should heed this post as a warning of what could be. For every Mrs. Fields there's a pile of shmoes like me guttin it out for pennies after the big crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home